POLICIES and FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
RETURNS, REFUNDS, and REPAIRS
What if I need to return my order?
You may return any item in its original condition for a refund or credit within 14 days of receiving it. Shipping charges can only be refunded if the return is due to our error. All returns must be accompanied by the packing slip. After a return has been received, it will take 1-2 weeks to process. If using a credit card, refunds will be credited to your account. If paying by check or money order, a refund check will be mailed to you. We suggest using UPS or insured Parcel Post for your protection. Please pack all returns securely and insure the package accordingly.
What if my item breaks or needs repair?
All our jewelry is inspected for manufacturing defects upon receipt from our factory and again before the jewelry is shipped to you. All our jewelry is individually handmade and very rarely problems occur that are due to hidden defects in the jewelry, for instance a weak solder joint breaks or a stone falls out of the setting. We will repair any of these defects that result from flaws in the manufacturing process free of charge within one year of the purchase date. This warranty does not apply to breakage of jewelry due to “little accidents” (stepped on, dropped on hard surface floors, chipped stones etc.).
If your jewelry piece needs repair after the one year warranty has expired, we will do our best to repair the item for you. We repair all the jewelry here in the US and will charge you only our cost plus a shipping fee. Please contact us if you need repair and would like to get an approximate quote.
Is it safe to use my credit card?
Absolutely. We have taken every precaution to make your transactions secure. Our Internet site is built on the LogicMate™ system which utilizes industry-standard security measures, including SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Nevertheless, if you prefer, we also offer you the option of submitting your order by telephone or fax at the numbers here. All account information submitted to us is safely isolated from unauthorized Internet access. Once your order is processed, we will delete all your Credit Card information from our system.
Are Sales Tax applied?
Sales tax will only apply to residents of Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, and New York. All other US states and foreign countries are not subject to sales tax.
Wholesale customers with tax exempt status must fill out and return the Transaction Privilege Tax Exemption Certificate available here…
How can I pay for my order?
We accept the following credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
We also accept checks and money orders. Orders paid by check will usually not be processed until the funds have been verified. If you are sending a check you must contact us before sending your payment to ensure the availability of items. Please make the check out to Starborn Creations and send it to the name and address given on our contact page.
SHIPPING and TRACKING
How quickly does my order ship?
We fulfill your order within 1 business day, so shipment is usually the same day, M-F.
How much will my shipping charges be?
During the order process, you will be given a drop down list of available shipping methods from which you can pick the one that suits you. The total cost of goods and the cost of shipping as well as sales tax (if applicable) are clearly displayed.
What is the cheapest way to ship?
Shipments over $100 are free. We recommend USPS Priority Mail for domestic shipments. Priority Mail is the least expensive option and is quicker. Make sure the shipping address you request is able to receive mail. We can always ship via your preferred carrier.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship internationally. You can contact us via email for a shipping quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I track my order?
Click on the “Account / Login” link at the top of this page. Login if prompted. Select “Order tracking” from the Customer utilities menu.
What if you don’t have all of the items in stock?
If an item you ordered is out of stock, it will be back-ordered automatically. We will E-mail you and inform you about the back-ordered items and confirm the balance of your order with you. You can cancel your order at any time.
How do I know if the item I am looking at is in stock?
If you can see the picture on the website and you can enter a quantity into the cart, the item is available.
I am interested in a ring but I do not see the size I want, can you size the rings?
Yes, most rings can be sized. This takes approximately 10 days, as we do not do the sizing in house. There is an additional charge for sizing. Please call or email us for a quote.
Are you able to do custom orders?
Unfortunately we are not able to do custom orders due to the volume of jewelry that we produce and sell world-wide.
All of Starborn’s designs are carefully crafted and held to a high quality standard. Proper care and cleaning of your Starborn jewelry will help to ensure that you can enjoy your designs for years to come.
• Proper storage is important in caring for your jewelry. Keeping each item in a pouch or separate section of your jewelry box will avoid damage caused by pieces rubbing together. Stones and metals are often different levels of hardness and can scratch or dent one another.
• Keeping your jewelry clean by gently removing oils and buffing it with a polishing cloth before storing it will help to ensure your items maintain their shine. To clean jewelry items, mild soap and warm water can be used, along with an extra soft toothbrush to clean crevices. Always rinse your items well with cool water after cleaning, and be sure to dry them, gently, with an all-cotton cloth. Buff with a polishing cloth after cleaning. Remember to replace your cloths periodically as dirt and grit can build over time and scratch or damage your jewelry.
• Avoid ultrasonic and dips. While these methods of cleaning are generally safe for metals, they can damage certain stones as well as cause loosened settings.
• Avoid wearing jewelry while doing chores that include the use of any chemicals or that would risk catching your items or scraping them against something. Chlorine, ammonia, bleach, detergents, hairspray and many other chemicals are harmful to jewelry / stones.
• Avoid wearing your jewelry during activities that can lead to lost or damaged stones, such as swimming, playing sports, gardening or showering.
• Certain stones can lose color if left in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
• If you notice a setting / stones in your jewelry have loosened, do not continue to wear the piece until you have had it looked at by a jewelry professional. Starborn often uses rough, uncut or freeform gemstones as well as rare gemstones that can be difficult to replace if lost.
What is your policy on Privacy?
We only use information you provide to maintain your secure profile and provide account and ordering support. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Period.